To ensure continued access for current e-referral users
You must login at least once every 90 days to keep you user ID active. If your user ID is not working, please contact Availity Client Services at 1-800-AVAILITY (1-800-282-4548).
To sign up as a new e-referral user
Each prospective e-referral user must have a secure user ID and password for our provider portal (Availity) to use the e-referral application. Your Availity administrator sets this up for you.
- If you have access to our provider portal (Availity) but not e-referral: Your Availity administrator must add you as a new user.
- If your office doesn’t have access to our provider portal: You need to designate an Availity Essentials administrator to register. Typically, this is an office manager.
Sign-up instructions can be found here:
- Go to bcbsm.com/providers.
- Click on Enrollment.
- Scroll down to click on Register for Web Tools.
To add or remove practitioners from the scope of the user's access
This must be completed by your organization's Availity administrator, not by each e-referral user. You can find directions in Set up the e-referral tool (PDF).
To deactivate an ID (for provider offices that currently have e-referral access but have had staff changes and need to deactivate a user ID):
If an administrator would like to deactivate an ID in the provider portal:
- Log in to our provider portal (availity.com)*.
- Click Maintain User under your account in the top navigation or My Account. Dashboard and locate the user’s account. Click the name of the user.
- Click Revoke User.
- Select the organization(s) from which you want to revoke the user. If the user belongs to a single organization, that organization is selected by default.
- Optional: In the Reason for Revoking User field, type a brief explanation of why you are revoking the user. Comments are limited to 80 characters.
- Click Revoke.
To deactivate an administrator’s ID: If the user is the administrator of an organization, you cannot revoke the user from that organization. To change the administrator currently on record with Availity for your business(es), call Availity Client Services at 1-800-282-4548.
* Clicking this link means that you're leaving the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network website. While we recommend this site, we're required to let you know we're not responsible for its content.