Providers must obtain authorization from AIM Specialty Health® for select cardiology and radiology services with dates of service on or after Oct. 1, 2018.
This requirement applies to services performed in the following settings:
- Freestanding diagnostic facilities
- Outpatient hospital settings
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Physician offices
When these services are performed in an observation, emergency or inpatient care setting, they do not require authorization.
Note: For dates of service prior to Oct. 1, 2018, eviCore healthcare will handle these requests, including postservice requests. See the eviCore-Managed Procedures page for more information.
How to submit authorization requests
Submit authorization requests using one of the following methods:
- Use the AIM provider portal
- Call AIM at 1-844-377-1278
Requests should be submitted before the services are provided.
Refer to the resources below for more information:
- Procedures that require authorization by AIM Specialty Health (PDF) - A list of codes representing the procedures AIM manages for BCN for dates of service on or after Oct. 1, 2018
- Cardiology and radiology procedures managed by AIM and eviCore (PDF) - A list comparing the cardiology and radiology procedure codes AIM manages for BCN for dates of service on or after Oct. 1, 2018, and those managed by eviCore healthcare for dates of service prior to Oct. 1
- Frequently asked questions about AIM (PDF) - Answers to some questions about working with AIM
- More frequently asked questions about AIM - Additional questions and answers about working with AIM
Click the image to learn about the scope of the AIM authorization program, how to submit authorization requests and how to appeal decisions.