Also applies to physical medicine services by chiropractors
Blue Care Network partners with eviCore healthcare (formerly Landmark Healthcare, Inc.) to oversee the following:
- Outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy services for BCN HMOSM (commercial) and BCN AdvantageSM members delivered by independent physical therapists, outpatient therapy providers, physician practices and hospital-based outpatient therapy services
- Physical medicine services provided for BCN HMO members by chiropractors
This care management program does not apply to BCN 65 members or to the treatment of autism spectrum disorders for any member.
For specific information on the care management requirements for these services, refer to the Care Management chapter of the BCN Provider Manual. Look in the section titled "Managing PT, OT and ST / Managing physical medicine services by chiropractors."
Additional resources are available at LMhealthcare.com*. Select Providers and then select Landmark Connect. Complete the registration process as a new user of the Landmark Healthcare provider portal.
Resources for managing therapy and physical medicine services
- Understanding your BCN coverage for different therapy / physical medicine services (PDF)
- Provider presentation – BCN, May 2011 (PDF)
- Provider presentation – Landmark Healthcare, May 2011 (PDF)
- Tips about eviCore Authorizations for BCN Members (PDF)
- Suggestions for the Efficient Utilization of Therapy and Physical Medicine Services (PDF)
- Tips for improving treatment efficiency (PDF)
- Outpatient rehabilitation services: Frequently asked questions (PDF)
- Other guidelines from eviCore healthcare:
- Tips for e-referral requests
- U-M Premier Care list of therapy diagnosis codes (PDF)