Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network provide a variety of training opportunities to learn about the e-referral system.
For information about signing up to use the e-referral system, refer to the Sign up for e-referral or change a user webpage.
We offer the following training resources for the e-referral system:
User guides and documentation
- e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated May 2023 — A step-by-step guide on accessing the system, submitting referrals and prior authorization requests, using Bookmarks and Templates and more
- e-referral Quick Guide (PDF) Updated January 2023 — Includes instructions on how to sign up for e-referral and how to log in. It also explains other functions of the e-referral system.
- e-referral Template Quick Guide (PDF) Updated September 2019 — Provides examples of common inpatient and outpatient prior authorization requests and what users should enter in the e-referral system
- Behavioral Health e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated May 2023 — A step-by-step guide for behavioral health providers on how to submit prior authorization requests using the e-referral system.
- Blue Cross® Physician Choice PPO e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated May 2022 — A step-by-step guide for Blue Cross Physician Choice PPO providers on how to use the e-referral system.
- Online self-paced learning modules Updated August 2022
From our dedicated provider training site,* you can access the webinar recordings and the PDFs of the webinar presentations for ABA providers, DRG and Non-DRG facilities, human organ transplant facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, long-term acute care hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
To find the trainings, search on “e-referral” and then click the Courses tab.
To request access to the provider training site:
- Click here to register.*
- Complete the registration. We recommend using the same email you use to communicate with Blue Cross for provider-related needs. This will become your login ID.
- Follow the link to log in.*
If you need assistance creating your login ID or navigating the site, email ProviderTraining@bcbsm.com.
*Clicking this link means that you're leaving the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network website. While we recommend this site, we're not responsible for its content.