Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network provide a variety of training tools for providers, including resources for working in the e-referral system and online training.
Resources for working in the e-referral system
- e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated January 2024 — A step-by-step guide on accessing the system, submitting referrals and prior authorization requests, using Bookmarks and Templates and more
- e-referral Quick Guide (PDF) Updated August 2023 — Includes instructions on how to sign up for e-referral and how to log in. It also explains other functions of the e-referral system.
- e-referral Template Quick Guide (PDF) Updated September 2019 — Provides examples of common inpatient and outpatient prior authorization requests and what users should enter in the e-referral system
- Behavioral Health e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated December 2023 — A step-by-step guide for behavioral health providers on how to submit prior authorization requests using the e-referral system.
- Blue Cross® Physician Choice PPO e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated December 2023 — A step-by-step guide for Blue Cross Physician Choice PPO providers on how to use the e-referral system.
For information about getting access to use the e-referral system, refer to the Getting Started webpage.
We offer online self-paced learning. Updated October 2023
From our dedicated provider training site,* you can access the recorded webinars and PDFs of webinar presentations for:
|Topic or audience
|To find training, search on
|Home health care
|Home health care
|Human organ transplant facilities
|Inpatient rehabilitation facilities
|Long-term acute care hospitals
|National Drug Code
|Skilled nursing facilities
To request access to the provider training site:
- Click here to register.*
- Complete the registration. We recommend using the same email you use to communicate with Blue Cross for provider-related needs. This will become your login ID.
- Follow the link to log in.*
If you need assistance creating your login ID or navigating the site, email ProviderTraining@bcbsm.com.
*Clicking this link means that you're leaving the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network website. While we recommend this site, we're not responsible for its content.