Blue Cross and Blue Care Network provide a variety of training opportunities to learn about e-referral. Your provider consultant is available by appointment to visit your office and assist with your e-referral training needs.
We offer the following training tools for the e-referral tool:
User guides and documentation
- e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated June 2021 — A step-by-step guide on accessing the system, submitting referrals and authorizations, how to use Bookmarks and Templates and more
- e-referral Quick Guide (PDF) Updated January 2022 — Includes examples of how to sign up for e-referral, how to log in and explains other functions of the referral and authorization system
- e-referral Template Quick Guide (PDF) Updated September 2019 — Provides examples of common inpatient and outpatient authorization requests and what users should enter into the e-referral system
- Behavioral Health e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated June 2021 — For behavioral health providers, a step-by-step guide for using the e-referral system for referrals and authorizations
- Blue Cross® Physician Choice PPO e-referral User Guide (PDF) Updated June 2021 — For Blue Cross Physician Choice PPO providers, a step-by-step guide for using the e-referral system
- Frequently asked questions about the e-referral system (PDF) Updated January 2021 — For Blue Cross providers, useful information about submitting authorization requests
- Blue Cross Physician Choice PPO online training presentation (audio required - 24-minute running time)
Note: Please see the Test your e-referral user ID and password flier (PDF) for instructions on how to log in, what to do if your account is not active and how to obtain a user ID and password.
- To reset your password, contact the Web Support Help Desk at 1-877-258-3932, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- To prevent your password from being deactivated, log in to e-referral and complete at least one transaction or activity each month.